Skip to main content

Barcelona sign Uruguay starlet Santiago Bueno and Nigerian forward Ezekiel Joseph Bassey



Barcelona look unlikely to bolster Luis Enrique's first-team squad before the end of the transfer window, but the Spanish giants have announced the arrivals of two signings for the future in the shape of Uruguay centre-back Santiago Bueno and Nigerian forward Ezekiel Joseph Bassey.
The La Liga champions were heavily linked with Shakhtar Donetsk right-back Darijo Srna earlier in the window after Aleix Vidal appeared to have fallen out of favour with Luis Enrique.
However, club technical secretary Robert Fernandez later said that they had decided to keep Vidal until the end of the season, adding that they will not sign any players unless someone leaves the Nou Camp. Barcelona cannot afford to make any major investments at this time after they spent more than €120m (£103m, $129.5m) during the summer to bring in Paco Alcacer, Samuel Umtiti, Andre Gomes, Jasper Cillessen, Denis Suarez and Lucas Digne.
But Barcelona have announced two deadline additions after agreeing the permanent transfer of Peñarol's 18-year-old centre-back Santiago Bueno and the loan arrival of Bassey from Enyimba Football Club.
"FC Barcelona and CA Peñarol have reached an agreement for the transfer of Santiago Ignacio Bueno Sciutto. The player will be at Barca until June 30 2019, with an option to extend for three more seasons. The Uruguayan defender is currently playing the South American U20 Championship with his team. When he finishes his participation, he will join Barça," the club confirmed on their official website.
"FC Barcelona and Enyimba Football Club have reached an agreement for the loan transfer of Ezekiel Joseph Bassey to Barça B until the end of the season. The agreement includes an option to buy him on permanent basis during the next two seasons. The 20-year-old Nigerian forward will undergo medical examination in the next few hours," a follow-up read.
Barcelona have failed to disclose the details of both agreements but Sport is reporting that the Catalans have agreed to pay €1m plus add-ons to Peñarol for the services of Bueno – with the Uruguayan outfit keeping 20% of his rights.
Both players will initially join the Barcelona second team but Buenos's long-term agreement suggests that the club have signed him with the hopes he can breakthrough intro the first-team in the near future. Sport adds that, in case the Uruguay starlet manages to establish himself as a senior player, the Catalans would have to pay €5m extra for his services.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help Stop An Execution

Nearly two years ago, the eyes of the world were on Oklahoma, where a man named Richard Glossip was facing execution for a 1997 murder many people say he was not involved in. I learned about Richard’s case when actress Susan Sarandon contacted me, expressing deep concern that the State of Oklahoma was just about to kill an innocent man. After reviewing the facts, I too became convinced of Richard’s innocence, and we decided to  make a public plea for the governor to gra nt freedom On 30 September 2015, Richard came within minutes of execution by lethal injection, when officials suddenly stopped the proceedings. As it turned out, the state of Oklahoma had procured the wrong execution drug, risking another botched execution that would lead to a slow and painful death. At the last minute, Governor Mary Fallin, not exactly an opponent of the death penalty, issued a stay of Richard’s execution. Today, Richard’s situation is nowhere near being resolved. As the st...

South Korean President Park Geun-hye arrested

Former South Korean President Park Geun-hye , who was removed from office earlier this month, was arrested on Friday. "Major crimes have been ascertained and there is a concern that the suspect might attempt to destroy evidence," Judge Kang Bu-young said in a text message to reporters. "The court recognizes the need, necessity and reasonableness of the suspect's arrest." Prosecutors announced Monday that they were seeking to arrest Park on charges relating to abuse of power, accepting bribes and leaking important information. "The suspect abused the mighty power and position as President to take bribes from companies and infringed upon the freedom of corporate management and leaked important confidential official information," the statement from the Seoul Central District Prosecutor's Office said. Park had been held in a temporary detention facility at the Seoul Central District Prosecutor's Office Building ahead of the court's decision. S...

Amancio Ortega Becomes The Richest Person In The World

The Spanish business tycoon, Amancio Ortega, co-founder of Spanish retailing giant Inditex, is now the richest person in the world with a cool $200 million edge over previous richest person Bill Gates. Ortega became the world richest person first in 2015 October but he lost the spot to Gates in less than 24 hrs, and he has also held the position two other times but has always been relinquished the lead within a day. This period around he surpassed Gates on Tuesday after shares of Inditex - parent company of fashion chain Zara rose just over 1% but by the end of the afternoon he was $100 million dollars behind the microsoft cofounder. Then on Wednesday Ortega regained the top spot as of 12:05pm Eastern time, he was richer than Gates by a modest margin of $200 million. Ortega is now worth an estimated $85billion. Gates fortune declined earlier this month after a filing with the SEC revealed that he donated $4.6billion worth of microsoft stock to his foundation in June. Bloomberg reported...